Merchandise Assortment Planning
Successful catalog and Internet companies rely on expert merchandise planning.
Set goals for demand units and revenue, gross margins, return rates, advertising costs, and profitability, and then achieve them with Direct Tech’s Merchandise Assortment Planning System (MAPS).
This performance analysis and planning tool provides immediate access to profit metrics from demand through contribution margin and even profit after overhead. In an instant, you can identify profitable and unprofitable items to optimize future merchandise assortments.
Develop, test, and perfect plans with tools that organize information to establish strategic objectives on a macro level, as well as merchandise selection and planning on a tactical level. With MAPS, you're able to:
- Control top-down budget allocation by product category
- Increase sales and gross margin through enhanced assortments
- Maximize the profitability of style assortment plans
- Ensure style assortment plan meets budget through real-time variance reporting
MAPS allows you to plan your merchandise assortment based on factors that offer the greatest return for you and to the level of detail necessary to ensure success at the tactical level. You’re able to:
- Apply budget metrics such as demand, gross margin, style count, space, contribution margin, and more
- Use historical data to identify and plan for growing and declining categories
- Build style assortment plans from actual, style-level financial performance history
- Identify which items are in premium selling locations
- Identify a style's featured color to forecast color percentages
- Create “placeholder” styles to allow forecasting before final product specifications are completed
- Use dynamic screens to customize, group, and sort information
Contact us today for more information or for an online demonstration.
Learn how clients increase sales and profits with Direct Tech.